Wednesday 14 September 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies with Pecan Nuts


During my weekly supermarket errands, I found bags of Reese’s peanut butter morsels in one of the aisles. I’m a huge fan of Reese’s candies so I didn’t think twice about buying some.

Since I’m not the only one in my family who loves these morsels, I decided to use them in my new peanut butter cookies recipe. I’ve been wanting to bake something with pecan nuts for some time now and this has given me the opportunity. This recipe made me smack my lips as if I could already taste these wonderful peanut butter cookies.

I also used chopped pecans that I bought in a package already roasted but please feel free to substitute other nuts as you see fit or whatever is more available to you – cashew, walnuts, and of course, the good old peanuts would be good. It took me 10 minutes preparation time and 20-30 minutes cooking time for my wonderful soft peanut butter cookies with pecan nuts.

Ingredients:

1 ½ cups          Flour
2 teaspoons     Baking Powder
1 teaspoon       Butter (I had this at room temperature)
½ cup              Morsels of Reese’s Peanut Butter
½ cup              Chopped Roasted Pecans
1 ½ cups          Brown Sugar
2 whole           Eggs (large)
1 teaspoon       Vanilla Extract
                        Salt (a pinch would do)
                        Orange Zest

Simple Instructions:

To make this wonderful recipe, I had to do the following. First, I preheated the oven to 350F. I then took an ungreased cookie sheet and lined my baking pan. After this, I whisked together in a bowl some of the dry ingredients – the flour, salt and baking powder, and separate them in three batches. In another large mixing bowl, cream the butter and add the sugar little by little. I then added the eggs one at a time, the vanilla extract and the orange zest. I continued to mix until mixture is light, smooth and creamy. Next to be added were the batches of the flour mixture one at a time, mixing after each addition. The Reese’s peanut butter morsels and pecan nuts were folded into the batter. At this point, my batter was pretty thick and heavy. 

I then used a tablespoon and made 1-inch balls and set them about 3 inches apart in the cookie sheet I prepared earlier making sure that scrape all the sides of the mixing bowl were scraped so as not to waste anything. Using a fork, I pressed down on each ball then popped it onto the center rack of the oven to bake at 350F for 20-30 minutes. The cookies did not only come out very good, the cookies did not see the inside of an airtight container for storing. I just had to make another batch soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment